Bath Time Turns Into Mother’s Worst Nightmare After Daughter Gets Out Covered In Horrific Rash

A wonderfully scented bath bomb can be blissful in a warm bath. Bath bombs not only look pretty and smell goods, they make the job of cleaning yourself a whole lot more fun.

However, one UK mother is warning about possible dangers in using a bath bomb, after her 10-year-old daughter was left suffering a nasty rash after her first experience.

Leanne Keating bought the passion fruit and watermelon bath bomb from her local Wilko’s in Rhyl for her daughter Tia, who had never enjoyed a bath bomb.

At first, all was great, but five days later Tia came down with a red-spotted rash. The girl’s mom was worried enough to use a glass to do the meningitis test on Tia. Afterwards, she rushed her daughter to the hospital.

Tia was eventually sent home a few hours later, with the advice that she had suffered a severe skin reaction.

But a month later, there is still no improvement. Leanne described the situation in an interview with UK media.

“The rash started off on her tummy, and it’s moved up to her neck, it’s on her face, a bit of her arms and between her thighs now as well. It just keeps getting worse. Her skin is really itchy.”

“I’ve taken her to the doctor’s and the chemists, and they’ve given us cream, but it isn’t working. We took her into school when it happened and showed the headmaster, and he told her to come back in when she is feeling better.”

Keating continues to explain her concerns:

“I didn’t know it was the bath bomb at first. But a friend of mine who is medically trained asked me if Tia had got anything for Christmas that she’s used that was different. The only thing she’d used that was different was the bath bomb. She doesn’t have sensitive skin, there were no warnings or anything on the label, it just said to keep away from babies.”

“I’d say people shouldn’t use these bath bombs, even if you don’t have sensitive skin. The labelling should have a warning.”

Wilko released a statement noting the bath bomb had passed all testing including a government Cosmetic Product Safety Assessment. Wilko’s statement also pointed out this is the first complaint about this product, but they are still investigating the matter.

“We’re really sorry to hear of Mrs Keating and Tia’s situation and customer safety is paramount at Wilko. This is the first incident we’ve been made aware of but we have launched an immediate and rigorous investigation and continue to liaise with Mrs Keating.”

Source: Cosmopolitan
Photo: Cosmopolitan

Yikes!